Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pingyao Photo Festival 2008


Chinese Sentiment @ Eyes on China Exhibition

The night before the opening at Diesel Engine Factory


Almost Naked @ Kunst.Licht

The Pingyao International Photography Festival (PIP) started on September 19th. The exhibitions are located in the walled Pingyao old town. The old town looks very authentic with a funny little city outside. The locals are extremely friendly, they offer me some of the best noodles. It is very crowd here and everyone seems to carry a fancy camera with them. It was exciting to look through the endless exhibitions and meeting all the friends from all over the world, people who I knew and people I have linked through various situation.

I have work show in two different location this year. My Shanghai gallery Kunst.Licht has a gallery space in Cotton Factory where the rough constructed hotel-like spaces are temporary converted to galleries. Some of my Almost Naked work are displayed here. In another location – Diesel Engine Factory, one of my favorite exhibition space in Pingyao, was transformed from abandoned factories. There are giant machines still standing in the space, the floor is sandy, the entire interior becomes a very dramatic contrast to the contemporary photography. Four images from my on-going series Chinese Sentiment are showing in a group show titled Eyes on China, curated by Ren Yue, a Chinese photo critic, writer and educator .

It is hard to concentrate on exhibitions in Pingyao. I only had three days, so I was constantly running between exhibitions, touring and gathering (a.k.a. piles of dishes, handmade moon-cake and local beer). I believe I only visited a small portion of the festival so far but had quite a few great moments of discovering some of my favorite photographers among this craziness. Most international photographers are showing at the Warehouse area which I did not have enough time to go.

Update: The Pingyao Photo Festival committee anounced today that I am one of the winners of the Excellent International Photographer Award (评委推荐奖).

3 comments:

Jane Tam said...

So amazing! Your photographs looks really great there~

Congrats on the shows and the award. I also received one as well; so honored!

I bet having a bike in the factory would make it a lot easier to navigate through the shows. Ha!

Atomische said...

Congratulations!

I'm a huge fan :)

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,a片,情趣用品

A片,A片,AV女優,色情,成人,做愛,情色,AIO,視訊聊天室,SEX,聊天室,自拍,AV,情色,成人,情色,aio,sex,成人,情色

免費A片,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

情色文學,色情A片,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,言情小說,愛情小說,AV片,A漫,AVDVD,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,成人交友,成人電影,成人貼圖,成人小說,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人遊戲,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,成人論壇

情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,色情遊戲,色情網站,聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,免費A片,日本a片

A片,A片,A片下載,做愛,成人電影,.18成人,日本A片,情色小說,情色電影,成人影城,自拍,情色論壇,成人論壇,情色貼圖,情色,免費A片,成人,成人網站,成人圖片,AV女優,成人光碟,色情,色情影片,免費A片下載,SEX,AV,色情網站,本土自拍,性愛,成人影片,情色文學,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人貼圖