Friday, July 24, 2009

Noodle Soup

Noodle Soup, Xi'an, Shannxi Province. 2009 © Shen Wei

One afternoon, I stopped at a noodle shop while I am traveling in the city of Xi'an. The shop looked very shabby, dark, and that's where the good noodles are normally come out of. I ordered egg noodle in a hot & sour broth to go. Surprisingly, the noodle soup was served in a clear plastic bag. I left it on my window counter for a while and wonder how I am going to eat it without a bowl. More I looked at it, more adorable it appears to be and I became more hungry. Eventually I ate it after a quick picture moment. I ate it right out of the plastic bag. It was definitely a challenge, but well worth it, the noodle was absolutely delicious. My attempt of drinking the soup was unsuccessful, which is a little pity.

Anyway, my project Chinese Sentiment is updated, add some new pictures, please check it out.

1 comment:

erin said...

yay! i love new shen postings. your new photos in 'chinese sentiment' are fantastic - i am absolutely in love with 'grandma's table'. thanks for sharing, shen :) have a blessed day.