Friday, March 20, 2009

Hot glass of Water...

Pomegranate, Shanghai. 2009 © Shen Wei

An old friend told me - when I was a teenage, I used to microwave water to very hot, then left the whole glass of hot water outside of the window to cool it down, for protection, I covered the glass with a stack of white paper.

I was shocked when I heard that, because it sounds so silly but I can totally imagine myself doing it. I wonder if I have ever left the glass of water outside forever. I have selective memory as I am told, depending on how exciting my life is after I put that hot water out. I don't even like drink hot water.

Life is strange.

Coincidentally, I actually took a photograph of the outside of my window last time I was in Shanghai, no aged hot water, just this sad lonely pomegranate tree. Hum... did I...

2 comments:

chris said...

Love your work Shen Wei !!

victoria thorne said...

This is wonderful, a prose poem to hot water, cooled.

Magnificent work.