Sunday, November 02, 2008


Fountain at Piazza Republicca © Shen Wei

Buongiorno da Roma!

It is the 3rd day of my Italy trip; it somehow feels like 2 weeks. I could not believe how many things I have seen in just 3 days, it is like Art History course all over again, but a much better one.

I spent my first morning in Italy to The Vatican City; a dream comes true for me to see Michelangelo’s glorious Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. In the rest of my Roma tour, every church I walked in, every fountain I sat by, and there is something by Michelangelo, Raphael, Bernini, or Caravaggio. The city of Roma is a gigantic museum.

My favorite so far is the Piazza Navona, with Bernini’s most famous fountain the Four Rivers Fountain in the center of the square, surrounded by a square of lavish ancient architectures. I had a pizza there and a chat with an old lady who seems to have sat there for the last few centuries, she talked Italian non stop to me, somehow I understood a little bit of it.

Of course, I had to go see The Colosseum along with The Roman Forum. I had done some research by watching the film Gladiator on the plane. It rained a bit when I was walking through the Forum, it felt romantically lonely.

1 comment:

sexy said...