Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Random thoughts on celebrity photos.

I had a discussion with some friends about paparazzi photos the other day. We all agreed on their bad influence on our society, but we had disagreement on whether these papa photos actually have any artistic value. I had confessed that sometimes I can’t help drawn into some of those great moments caught by a paparazzi, even though I understand how random and insensitive the photographer was while the photo was taken, but when I take the celebrity content out of the image, sometimes it is just quite good. I mean, after all, paparazzi are literately “Street Photographer”, aren’t they? Here are two photos of my favorite hotness that is Amy Winehouse. First of all, isn't she just looks like one of those Zoe Strauss’ subjects? And OMG, isn't she always doing something interesting?
























This recent red carpet shot which I also think it's quite extraordinary, don’t you think?

On one issue of Newsweek magazine, an image of Paris Hilton and Britney Spears was used on the cover. The image clearly caught something other than dumbness in Britney, look at those eyes of craze.

4 comments:

Joerg Colberg said...

Haha, that is such a *GREAT* comment to say that paparazzi are really just "street photographers". It's so true!

colin pantall said...

Poor Amy - there's a feature in today's Guardian Weekend Magazine on the paps, Chasing Amy and general job disatisfaction - on my new blog at

http://colinpantall.blogspot.com/

musicmanyc said...

Shen,

Have we spoken about my love of Amy Winehouse???? See you soon!

Keith

d. chedwick bryant said...

I never thought about it that way until you called them "street" you chse such interesting pics to illustrate your point, too.